Palladium Hackability (was Re: Forums)

Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:14:58 -0700 (MST)

Am 05. Jul, 2002 schwätzte Tim Shapiro so:

> Presonally I don't care what they do to legitimate buisnesses. Microsoft
> can go ahead and rake them over for a bunch of money and then charge for
> half ass support. What I care about is am I still going to be able to get
> my mp3's for free, among other things. The palladium thing (if you read

OK, now I see where you're coming from. You just want the ability to steal.
You disregard the law as something that doesn't apply to you personally.

Most of the people on this list don't. Most of us actually buy the music we
listen to. Yes, we're pissed because the recording industry in the .us is
gouging consumers and gets out of paying almost all except the most
well-known artists.

I get around the problem by having mostly music that I enjoy from other
countries. Music that the RIAA hasn't hooked into. I used to buy a lot of
music from the .us ( I have a fairly large CD collection ), but for the most
part won't buy any more until the RIAA stops trying to take away my rights.

Personally, I don't think the average citizen should have to break the law
to be free. It shouldn't be illegal to exercise the freedoms guaranteed by
the constitution.

Businesses shouldn't have to pay extortion, which is how you see the
palladium developing.

> the article one guy posted) Will try to stop that so we will have to get
> a hack for the Fritz chip.

The Fritz chip is a Big Brother implementation. Someone else ( actually many
other entities ) will be able to audit what you're doing. After getting it
to work, they will make it illegal to circumvent. Look at the DMCA, SSSCA
one-two punch.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  "Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something."