Palladium Hackability (was Re: Forums)

Tim Shapiro plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 10:41:54 -0700

<P>What they are trying to do is remove the ability for </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;legitimate businesses to write software without paying Microsoft a </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;royalty. Legitimate businesses cannot crack Palladium (because it's </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;illegal, not because it's hard), so they must pay fealty to Microsoft. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Presonally I don't care what they do to legitimate buisnesses. Microsoft can go ahead and rake them over for a bunch of money and then charge for half ass support. What I care about is am I still going to be able to get my mp3's for free, among other things. The palladium thing (if you read the article one guy posted) Will try to stop that so we will have to get a hack for the Fritz chip.</P></DIV>
<DIV>Tim Shapiro </DIV>Phoenix, Arizona
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Phone: 623-825-0515
<DIV></DIV>