Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement

Robert Bushman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:41:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Bill Nash wrote:

> <countering the troll>

All of your points were right on target.
Very well said.

> 	With the attention this has received, you can bet your ass MS has
> a regional marketing team putting fresh scrubs on their spin doctors.
> They'll be coming at this with a plan, and that's a lot more than I can
> say for the Linux community. Don't get me wrong, I like the Open Source
> way of doing things, but I'm the worst kind of realist, as well. Unless
> someone with some business sense, some assets, and a good plan pops into
> that meeting and offers up some solid alternatives (Redhat, maybe?), this
> is looking to be a vaguely entertaining alternative to the fireworks we'll
> be missing out on this week.

Not sure I agree - we have a lot of smart people
on this list who have thought about these issues
a lot. I'd like to suggest that we come up with
the key components we need during this week, and
meet at Bandersnatch (beer and 7 megabit) on
Saturday to put it all together. We may not be
the most professionally oriented, but we're no
fools. I think we have a real chance to help our
community here.

Components:
1. MS FUD and Counter FUD - starting with the
   South American politician's letter. Find
   the 10 key MS FUD points and develop the
   simplest possible, plain-English counters.