Forum to discuss and answer questions on Enterprise Agreement

Richard L. Proctor plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:30:08 -0700

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 10:27 pm, Trent Shipley wrote:
> That wouldn't do it for me.
>

> How much is *retraining* going to cost.
>

> I've used Linux and Windows and Windows is *much* easier to work with.
> Linux and its tools also tend to have a lot more anoying bugs that the
> comercial stuff.  The saving grace seems to be that the *nix architecture
> tends to keep my OS up and running--provided that the user knows the tricks
> to take advantage of that fact.
>
> Even so, I wind up restarting Xfree pretty often.  The fact that I don't
> have to reboot the machine is pretty irrelevant--restarting the X windowing
> system is the moral equivalent of rebooting the work station.

Let's say Windows is getting easier.  It's not always been easy to work with.
It's just been the dormant and all that we ever knew.  But most people have
no idea how to fdisk a new hard drive and format it from a Windows 3.1, 98,
98SE, ME, etc.  2000 and XP are the first that do the partition and format
for you.

--
Richard L. Proctor
Krystal Computer Services