Mounting network drives

Robert A. Klahn plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:32:22 -0700

This only applies when you are using the Samba SECURITY=DOMAIN or SECURITY=SERVER modes (*), which, given that we are talking about two Linux servers, is unlikely. Most likley, in this configuration, we are in SECURITY=USER mode.

If you really have to join an NT security domian (a.k.a. establish machine trust), there is a writeup on how to do this at http://va.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#AEN400

Bob.

(*) Kinda. Machine trust required in DOMAIN, optional in SERVER mode.