Handspring, USB, KDE, no worky!

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:45:47 -0700

This is just one of my rambling follow-ups as I document my Linux adventures
(at least the problem ones) on the list.

I still have not solved this problem completely.  With some help from an
Australian (email is soo coool!) I fixed some settings and got pilot-xfer to
work with my Visor.  For those that don't know, pilot-xfer is a command line
utility for getting stuff in and out of a Palm device.

Well, that proved that the hardware is good and the drivers work.  But, I
still have the same hanging problems with the KDE applications.  KPilot just
will not get past the initial "sighting" of the Visor and then the daemon
goes to lunch.  I have now updated to kernel 2.4.9-21 and KDE 2.2.2-2 as
provided by RedHat's up2date program.  A few nice tweaks to the KDE but I
can't talk to my Palm.

Maybe it is time to try jpilot or something else.  I haven't given up on the
K apps yet.  I'll have to find the time to tackle it some more.

BTW, if anyone has any hints about solving this one, feel free to chime in!

Alan