AZ BSD?

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:48:22 -0700 (MST)

Am 24. Jan, 2002 schwätzte Marc Chung so:

> Does anyone know what happened to the AZ BSD user group?
>
> Searching online seems to bring up websites that aren't up anymore
> (ie. bsd.phoenix.az.us)

The entire group moved to .hi.us to be with his wife after she landed a job
there :).

Seriously, it never really got off the ground. I do, however, encourage *BSD
stuff in the LUGs. If there's a *BSD specific topic you want please let us
know. I've tried to get JLF to do some *BSD stuff for us, but it hasn't yet
worked out.

I did get Eden to do a *BSD demo at ASULUG once. That was pretty cool.

I wanted someone to cover non-normal *BSD dists for the alternative dists
earlier this month, but I'm not in a position to do so and no one else came
forward :(.

I'd love to get a good compare/contrast between *BSD and GNU/Linux or even
*BSD and Linux ( e.g. the kernels ). In fact with Debian BSD started, that
might be quite the interesting topic.

Most of the stuff we cover works for just about any *NIX.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The