Sendmail/Exim and IP-Address

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
29 Jan 2002 21:39:30 -0700

On Tue, 2002-01-29 at 18:46, Gary Nichols wrote:
> Roderick,
>
> You should test and make sure that incoming tcp/25 is not blocked and does
> not violate your TOS agreement.  Most consumer-level services are now
> blocking incoming SMTP to prevent people from setting up unauthorized
> relays and spam farms.
> Not to mention that if you violate your TOS your provider can always pull
> your plug (as a few on this list have experienced in the past).

-----
Now I'm not saying that I run a mail server on my Sprint Broadband
connection and I'm not saying that there is a forward dns pointing to my
ip address which has never changed on Sprint Broadband but I know for
certain that they don't block port 25/80/ICMP or anything of that
nature.

Caching DNS server has worked for me...

;-)

Craig