Sendmail/Exim and IP-Address

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:46:18 -0700 (MST)

Roderick,

You should test and make sure that incoming tcp/25 is not blocked and does
not violate your TOS agreement.  Most consumer-level services are now
blocking incoming SMTP to prevent people from setting up unauthorized
relays and spam farms.
Not to mention that if you violate your TOS your provider can always pull
your plug (as a few on this list have experienced in the past).