VMWare

Mike plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:50:38 -0500

Just my 2cents:
About 3 years ago I had 2 pc's under my desk: One windows, the
other Debian. Only had one monitor, keyboard, etc; so it was
quite the pain to shift between the two. One morning I woke
up and decided that I would purchase Vmware and let everything fall
where it may.

3 years later, I have been very pleased with vmware. My PC at home
is only Debian, and I now have a Dell Latitude LS400 w/256Ram notebook.
My notebook has vmware installed, and I couldn't be happier.
I have NT workstation & 2000 Server (with 2000 SQL) installed
in vm.

Of course, I only perform admin stuff, and games are the furthest
thing from my mind. For an occasional Word, Excel, blah blah, and
for doing SQL2000 testing, I find VMware to work absolutely perfect.

A few month's ago someone informed me of RDesktop. With RDesktop
(terminal services client), I find myself rarely even firing up
vmware :-)

my 2cents

Mike