A silly little thing

Steve Young plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:01:22 -0700

------=_NextPartTM-000-6573b74e-12da-11d6-8b85-00d0b79a4f1a

No I don't, wasn't aware that that had to happen.  Hmmmm, I'll see if it =
came with the Caldera OS I bought.  I bought the one for $69, and I don't =
know if it's included.

Steve

>>> plug@phxinternet.net 01/28/02 01:32PM >>>
Do you have SQUID or some other proxy application running on your =
Caldera=20
box?  Without a proxy server listening on eth1 the other machines will =
not=20
be able to use proxy settings pointing to the Caldera box to get out =
onto=20
the net.

Gilbert

At 01:03 PM 1/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>New to the linux world.  Set up a machine off my cable connection =
using=20
>Caldera(Cal).  I have my static IP set up on eth0 and my eth1 set to =
10.1.1.1
>I can use my browser on Cal, to get out on the net.  I want to eventually=
=20
>set this box up to be my firewall, because I have 4 machines sitting=20
>behind it.  For the time being I am just trying to hook up 2 of them.  =
A=20
>Mac dual G4 and a WIN 98 machine.  I have set the WIN 98 up with the=20
>address of 10.1.1.2 and the Mac up with 10.1.1.4
>I went into the Internet Explorer and set it to use a proxy server.  But =
I=20
>haven't been able to get either of these machines to see out.  I set =
the=20
>Proxy server address to 10.1.1.1  so I'm not sure if thats the prob or=20
>not.  I can ping both ways from the WIN 98 to Cal and Cal to WIN 98.  =
I=20
>can also ping the Mac from the Cal to the Mac, but the Mac does not=20
>currently have Mac Ping on it yet.
>Where is a good admin source I could use to properly set up my=20
>intranet.  I have checked the Caldera site for several hours to no=20
>avail.  Maybe I just keep missing it.  I've also tried a number of =
things=20
>in the OpenLinux Doc that came with the OS I bought from them.

------=_NextPartTM-000-6573b74e-12da-11d6-8b85-00d0b79a4f1a

The information in this E-mail message is confidential and for
the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this information
is strictly prohibited.  If you received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately.  Blue Cross and
Blue Shield of Arizona, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates
are not responsible for errors, omissions or personal comments
in this E-mail message.

------=_NextPartTM-000-6573b74e-12da-11d6-8b85-00d0b79a4f1a--