[SAGE] New URL for Unix Rosetta Stone (fwd)

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:03:55 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

I posted this tool a while ago. They've got a new home. Comparisons of how
to do something in various *NIXen.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  I'm not anti-social, I'm pro-individual. - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:19:17 -0800
From: Bruce Hamilton <bhami@pobox.com>
To: sage-members@usenix.org
Subject: [SAGE] New URL for Unix Rosetta Stone

My Unix Rosetta Stone page has been so popular (~1 GB/month of traffic)
that I've been forced to relocate it from Earthlink to FeaturePrice. The
new URL is http://bhami.com/rosetta.html . The old URL will redirect for at
least a few weeks.

I believe that as of yesterday I have incorporated all suggestions received
to date.

The PDF version is not working properly -- it half-paints, goes into some
sort of loop, and eventually you may have to kill your browser window
(similar behavior in either IE 6 or Netscape 6.2). I'll see if I can
wheedle some tech support out of Adobe... But even when it does work, there
are so many columns that we're down to something like four-point type, even
on landscape, legal size paper. So you're best off running IE and using the
custom drawing feature to select a subset of columns. (It works fine in IE
for Solaris, HP-UX, or Windows, although I haven't seen any sign of recent
security patches for those Unix (IE 5.0) versions.)

Enjoy,

--Bruce (Bruce Hamilton, Redondo Beach, CA)
bhami@pobox.com
http://bhami.com/