Dawn - addressbook converter

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
26 Jan 2002 17:05:00 -0700

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 12:12, George Toft wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Please elaborate (since I am just now learning LDAP).  Are you
> saying the ldif generated by Netscape is incompatible with
> OpenLDAP?  If so, which one is not complying with X.500?

-----
I think it is the Netscape export of the addressbook to the ldif file
that creates files with objects that aren't in a typical schema. I am
just not smart enough to know these things but I will eventually get to
the bottom of it...it just happens to have to wait until I get a few
other things done. Apparently, Netscape doesn't escape any comma's in
the export file either which is apparently a big problem but so far, I
haven't gotten past record 1

Craig