Evolution on RedHat 7.2

Blake Barnett plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Jan 2002 14:51:23 -0700

Try Connectiva, it's RPM-based, RedHat friendly.  Has a nice GUI
installer, hardware detection and apt-get.  The one drawback to it right
now is it's slightly more dated that Mandrake 8.1 or RedHat 7.2, but not
much.

The Debian installation is ugly but not hard.  The hardware
configuration can be a pain in the ass but I've never had any problems
with it.  Debian now includes kudzu (hardware autodetection) in
woody/sid so it's there if you need it.   It will also be integrated in
one of the next releases.

The beauty of apt-get is maintainability and control over the OS And
what gets installed and uninstalled.  It's not perfect, but it's a hell
of a lot better than fulfilling dependancies by yourself or having to
compile apps and then figure out what to delete after it's been running
for a few months... etc.