install

Michael Henry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 06:10:37 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01C1A3D4.AD0A9270

I tried installing linux on my laptop. I have a hard drive that I swap =
with the second hard drive. My linux is Red Hat 7.0, and  is on CD. =
Therefore I couldn't just slide in the disk and do the install that way. =
So I swapped out the hard drives installed the linux and everything was =
fine. I then re swapped the Hard disks. I swapped the second hard drive =
with the cd rom, and tried to boot to second hard drive. It noticed the =
linux but was unable to mount the / directory. It says it was trying to =
read beyond the disk. Does anyone know of a work around?=20

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01C1A3D4.AD0A9270

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I tried installing linux on my laptop. =
I have a=20
hard drive that I swap with the second hard drive. My linux is Red Hat =
7.0,=20
and&nbsp; is on CD. Therefore I couldn't just slide in the disk and do =
the=20
install that way. So I swapped out the hard drives installed the linux =
and=20
everything was fine. I then re swapped the Hard disks. I swapped the =
second hard=20
drive with the cd rom, and tried to boot to second hard drive. It =
noticed the=20
linux but was unable to mount the / directory. It says it was trying to =
read=20
beyond the disk. Does anyone know of a work around? =
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01C1A3D4.AD0A9270--