Evolution on RedHat 7.2

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Jan 2002 00:18:36 -0700

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 09:54, Blake Barnett wrote:
> You can export your address book as vCards, most contact apps can handle
> importing these.
>
> If you have an address book which can be exported to vCards (Outlook
> 2000 for me) you can bulk-export and bulk-import to evolution.  Worked
> for me, YMMV.
>
> If you have an LDAP address book server then this is all as easy as
> pointing evolution at it.

----
I do have LDAP server running - I just couldn't get the ldif file
imported. I got one file imported...a sample with my 3 kids but haven't
been able to import the big one from Windows.

As for your Outlook 2000 - it must be on steroids. My only export to a
file options are:

CSV DOS
CSV Windows
dbase
Microsoft Access
Microsoft Excel
Microsoft FoxPro
Personal Folder File (pst)
TAB separated DOS
TAB separated Windows

No vcard option...

Outlook Express - only TAB separated (weird - I distinctly remember
using OE to get to LDIF in the past)

and finally (because desparate acts sometimes call for desparate
measures)

Windows Address Book - export is dimmed - I'm not gonna bother with
that.

Craig