OT: Good online vendor for already-built systems

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:47:22 -0700

My dad is going to be buying a new computer soon and asked my advice on
vendors to go with.. and it occured to me that I really don't know.  You
see, I'm a "build it myself" type and it's been so long since I bought a
completely built system that I don't even know which are the good ones.

This is off-topic for this list, I know, since the OS will have to be
WindowsXP or 2000 (his choice).  It also has to be an online vendor (not
local) since my dad doesn't live anywhere around here.

Dell and Gateway both have decent reputations I seem to remember.. but they
can get a bit pricier then some and don't stock Duron's or Athlons.  I tend
to go with Minotaur for my system needs.. but I've never dealt with them
with a complete system and I'm not  sure that they will be cheaper once you
factor in the cost of XP.

Any favorites?  Since this is off-topic, direct email would probably be best
unless your favorite was Linux-friendly as well :-)
--
Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org