Evolution on RedHat 7.2

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 06:24:12 -0700

Problem is I went down that same list and many of those packages had missing
dependencies and some of the rpm's supplied by Ximian were the wrong version
and would not install.  After a couple of hours trying I gave up.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig White" <craigwhite@azapple.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: Evolution on RedHat 7.2

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 21:26, Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> This is assuming you actually want the whole Ximina desktop, I do not.  I
> tried to install it once and it trashed my system so bad I had to do a
total
> reinstall of Linux.  You also have to have a high speed connection to do
the
> g-gnome thing which I do not have.

----
well, I know that you run RH 7.2 and if you have KDE already installed -
I think I posted a complete list of the files that you need to download
and install to just get Evolution 1.01.

I have to agree that this is the most exciting mail program I have seen
on linux but I am a fan of Outlook 2000 so that pretty much figures. It
is a little buggy though and I haven't figured out any way to get my
addressbook into it and it lacks an export feature to get the
addressbook out of it.

Craig