more Cox transition questions

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:59:00 -0700

The passwords for cox.net mail must not have any
capital letters.  They'll be accepted by the
web page, but they won't work for authentication.

I said once online that @Home.com woulf forward
e-mail to cox.net.  It does not appear that this
is the case, and the last tech support guy I
spoke to said it's not happening.  He said that
the installation routine would set up Outloook
Express to milk BOTH sites for e-mail.

I am still using Netscape 4.7 as a mail client.
I did do the Outlook install, my own way, but
am not using it myself.  Instead I just go to
netscape and change between
  mail  and  smtp.west.cox.net   for SMTP, and
  mail  and  pop.west.cox.net    for POP3.

I didn't realize I was on SO many mailing lists!
Remember to get these switched over, quick before
the end-of-month reminders come out.  That way,
the reminders will tell you on Feb 1 which
lists you've missed.

Vic