Cox.net - directed to Mr. Pyne primarily

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:17:59 -0700

That's a relief.  I was just going by what their web site said:  "Note:  It
is essential to maintain a DHCP configuration as IP leases are set to expire
every four hours."  I guess we should believe what they do, and not what
they say.  I only reboot my firewall when APS dictates it by sending an
Unintended Power Interruption my way, so hopefully my IP address will hardly
ever change....

On a side note, I noticed when I got up this morning that my Internet
connection had gone south.  I wonder if all those pleas to get me to switch
to DHCP have finally resulted in them pulling the plug.  Oh well, this is
just what I need to get me to pick up the pace on my conversion.  :)

~Jeff