Floppy question

Blake Barnett plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
19 Jan 2002 13:24:52 -0700

Type:

cat /proc/filesystems

If you don't see 'vfat' or 'msdos' listed there, it won't be able to
mount any DOS or Windows floppies.  If it IS there, there may be a
problem with your drive, or the driver in the kernel for it.  As a first
attempt to get this support in the kernel try:

modprobe vfat

If it's a driver problem, try this:

dmesg | grep -i floppy

If you don't see a like which as "fd0 is"... Then you may want to try a
new kernel or check your compile options.

Hope this helps a bit.