Floppy question

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:08:44 -0700

It is a freshly formatted floppy that reports no bad sectors  on 2 different
windows machines.  I changed the vfat file system that you suggested and got
the same error.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert A . Klahn" <rklahn@acm.org>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: Floppy question

It sounds (from the input/output error message) that you are working with
an uninitialized or unformated floppy.

If you know for sure that its an MSDOS (or MSWIN) formatted floppy, the
file system type of "vfat" should work.

Bob.

On 2002.01.18 21:09 Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> While on the topic of mounting floppies, I can not get mine to mount at
> all
> on my RH 7.2 system.  I get an error that says "/dev/fd0 input/output
> error
> mount: I could not determine the file system type and none was specified"
>
> on the properties screen device tab it says "auto" for file system type.
> If
> I change it to fat I get the same error.
>
> This has been happening with two different drives and cables

Robert A. Klahn
rklahn@acm.org

"Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way
things are, and Courage to struggle to create things as they should be." -
St. Augustine