FTP Server

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:45:45 -0700

Nancy, my comments were not aimed at any specific person but rather at the collective.  Dare anyone say they like Red Hat and are not using Debian it seems they get treated like heretics.  Heaven forbid anyone feel programmers should get paid for their work instead of giving everything away for free. (Actually meaning software consumers actually PAY for what they use.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Sollars [mailto:dnancy2@qwest.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 1:26 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Subject: Re: FTP Server

right I guess i missed Toms post for some reason ..

After reading this one though here is a somewhat happier response ..

The original poster whom i flamed in a post regarding a security issue
looked like a firewall kinda post said "This may not be the right thing to
do and flame me if you will" or words to that effect ..

I saw no such Flames so after i saw the issue with WU i thought ok you got
away with it once so hehe here you go .. flamed for using WU ( In a nice way
of course ) .. the post about what my friend said in Bristol about being a
muppet to use it was because the box he was testing actually got rooted
within 1.5 hours of going live online ..

To me that points out that there are critical mistakes in the way WU works
to allow this to happen.

and I for one would not like to see anyone get their box owned by other
users especially SkRiPtK1dDi33's.

so il say sorry to the original poster to the list ...

Nige