A Newbie question

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:35:21 -0700

well,
the linux kernel takes what the bios feeds it, shreds it and does a walking
tour of the system to determine whats really there.

the idea of using a small (15 megabyte) partition for /boot is a very good
one. that will allow the kernel to get around the problem that your compaq
bios has with the drive.

Technomage