A Newbie question

Blake Barnett plug-discuss@lists.plug.mybutt.net
17 Jan 2002 11:30:11 -0700

Don't define your drive in the BIOS at all.  Linux is capable of
detecting the drives' true capabilities.   I've never done this myself
but have heard many success stories on the linux-kernel list about it.

You may need to have PNP BIOS enabled in your kernel, but I'm sure
Mandrake has this by default.

Just give it a try, that's what's fun about Linux after all... figuring
it out.  Right?