wu-ftpd - symlinks

Technomage plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 14:01:01 -0700

I might be able to answer the original posters question...

Part of the problem lies in the fact that wu-ftpd won't allow access to
"outside filesystems" symlinked into its dir tree (var/ftp/..). you would
have to explicity tell it that it has permission in the ftpaccess config file
located in ./etc.

I am not sure of the exact syntax right off hand, but the man page on
ftpaccess is quite descriptive and may offer more of a solution that I can
presently.

Technomage