K-Mail

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:25:48 -0700

Yes I have tried it and get an error saying "Server requires authentication"  In essence I need to send a different userID and password to send mail than I do for receiving.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucas Vogel [mailto:vogell@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 10:19 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: K-Mail

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 22:49, you wrote:
> That area still does not have a place for "My server requires
> authentication" which is what I need.

When you set up the other account you provide the username and password and
it will automatically use that for you.  Have you even tried it the way I
showed you? If not, I suggest you give it a try first. If it doesn't work it
doesn't work, but I'm betting donuts here that it does.

Lucas

P.S. Just because it doesn't have a checkbox like Outlook doesn't mean that
it won't work. KMail != Outlook, but KMail == email client application, and
most, if not all, email applications provide this functionality.