Linux Beginner

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:38:07 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1986B.3BCD2FB0

K-Mail that is part of the KDE desk top works well and sets up very similar to Netscape Mail

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Bullen [mailto:sw1006@swtravel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 10:26 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Linux Beginner

I have an opportunity to teach a total beginner (83 years old) how to use a computer. I am goiing to set her up on an old box of mine running RedHat 7.1. I want to go real slow with her and add programs one by one. The first thing she wants to do is surf the net, second send and recieve email and third do word processing.

I plan on using the KDE desktop,  Koquerer as a browser, and Star office for word processing. For email, I think I'll use a browser based email such as yahoo mail.

Has anyone else worked with a total begnner before? Any suggestions?

Charlie

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1986B.3BCD2FB0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=796453617-08012002><FONT face=Verdana color=#0000ff>K-Mail that
is part of the KDE desk top works well and sets up very similar to Netscape
Mail</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Charlie Bullen
  [mailto:sw1006@swtravel.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, January 08, 2002 10:26
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us<BR><B>Subject:</B>
  Linux Beginner<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have an opportunity to teach a total beginner
  (83 years old)&nbsp;how to use a computer. I am goiing to set her up on an old
  box of mine running RedHat 7.1. I want to go real slow with her and add
  programs one by one. The first thing she wants to do is surf the net, second
  send and recieve email and third do word processing.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I plan on using the KDE desktop,&nbsp; Koquerer
  as a browser, and Star office for word processing. For email, I think I'll use
  a browser based email such as yahoo mail.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Has anyone else worked with a total begnner
  before? Any suggestions? </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Charlie</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1986B.3BCD2FB0--