Question about security on a program........

Kimi A. Adams plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:35:27 -0700

--=======3515766C=======

I have a potential customer requesting a program that I believe will
provide security issues.  It's called YTalk, see the link below.

http://www.iagora.com/~espel/ytalk/ytalk.html

I has lot's of information but since I am unfamiliar with this product, I
need to know from the group whether it's a potential problem for security
risks.  This person says he dials in with an ISP dial up account, initiates
the Ytalk program from his shell account, then "rings" the other party, his
friend in Ukrain, and they are connected.  I believe it's sorta like IRC,
which is not too much of a problem but I just won't light up "talk" on my
servers for obvious reasons.

If there is a good way to protect against security risks, I would like to
know that as well.  Again and always, I appreciate all comments and info I
can get from all of the group.  Thanks.

Kimi Adams
Unity Wave
602-375-5363