OT: Solaris 7 or 8 on Intel - URGENT

jtannenba plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:33:01 -0800 (PST)

Please note that you WILL have problems in setup if
you use the installation CD.  Use the software CD 1 of
2 instead and try it.  I'll bet it will work just
fine.
I struggled with that for quite awhile till I happened
on an obscure sentence in the FAQ.

Joe
--- alandd@mindspring.com wrote:
> "Here goes Alan, off topic again."
>
> I am urgently looking for an ORIGINAL copy of Sun
> Solaris 7 or 8 for use on an Intel processor.  I
> have copies of version 8 that someone from this list
> supplied me (and I thank them) but they appear to
> fail after a certain point in the setup.  I would
> like to use original CDs is someone can provide
> them.
>
> I (or someone) will be willing to go pick them up
> today if you are available to do so.  Please email
> my work address adayley@adtron.com with a phone
> number or so I can email my number to you.
>
> "We now return to your regularly scheduled Linux
> discussion.  Sorry for the interruption."
>
> Alan

=====
JT and NE Tannenbaum
jtannenba@yahoo.com