OT: Solaris 7 or 8 on Intel - URGENT

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:55:13 -0500

You are correct, Jay.  It was (maybe still is) available for download but my problem is eliminating problems with software to qualify and test some hardware.  I simply do not want to trust downloaded or copied CDs to be good since I currently think the copy I have is causing problems.  I want to use known, good CDs for the installation I am attempting so that if there are problems, I don't have to worry if a bit got flipped on the CD during download or copying.

Paranoid, maybe, but I want to know as sure as possible that the CDs are good so that problems can confidently be blamed on the hardware.  So, I want to get my hands on some original-from-Sun CDs.

Alan

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us wrote:

Since Solaris x86 used to be available for download (I think), I'll bet
you can find ISOs archived on the net somewhere with a little digging.
Maybe sunsite?

~Jay