Walmart.com ditches the OS in new PCs

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:24:31 -0700 (MST)

Am 22. Feb, 2002 schwätzte Deepak Saxena so:

> <delurk>

He lives!!! :)

> Seems like a waste of time/money on wal-mart's and microtel's part to me.
> When was the last time you or I or any "tech-savy" customer bought a
> computer or computer part at wallmart? The average consumer is not going
> to buy an OS-less PC and install something on top.  They expect a
> working solution when they buy a PC, so who is wal-mart going to sell
> this to?

4 weeks ago they would've sold one to my grandma. Her old box will be
running Linux. If it would've saved her $200 ( 1/3 to 1/4 the cost ) her new
one would too. This allows me to not need to be in the hardware maintenance
business.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/   http://www.DevelopOnline.com/
#  When you are tired of choosing the lesser of two evils,