Walmart.com ditches the OS in new PCs

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:07:46 -0500

<delurk>

Seems like a waste of time/money on wal-mart's and microtel's part to me.
When was the last time you or I or any "tech-savy" customer bought a
computer or computer part at wallmart? The average consumer is not going
to buy an OS-less PC and install something on top.  They expect a
working solution when they buy a PC, so who is wal-mart going to sell
this to?

~Deepak

<lurk>

On Feb 22 2002, at 09:54, Carl Parrish was caught saying: