Broadband provider

Todd Hought plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:25:41 -0700 (MST)

Yep, the problem seems to be that no matter how big of mistake any CEO
makes, they will still make money. Which leads to bad CEO's getting
practically praised for making bad decisions. If I gave my dog a plate
full of fresh bacon every time she pooped on the carpet, I would expect
much the same results.

The REALLY stupid part is for some reason, there are companies out there
who are already probably chomping at the bit to get a 'high-profile' CEO
like Bob Allen of AT&T on THEIR executive team, just so that they can have
CEO with a big name. Nevermind the fact that his track record as a CEO
sucks like a Hoover, he's got a big name, right? that's all that should
count, right?

Wrong.

I've seen so many bad CEO's run companies into the ground, I should get a
freakin' medal for not hitting them with a LART on sight. Bad CEO's will
continue to line their pockets at our expense until one of them ACTUALLY
gets punished for making decisions that an average garden slug would have
the better sense not to. And I'm not talking fines, people with money,
will always have money for little piddly $10 million dollar fines,
especially when they've got more socked away than any of us will ever
know. I'm talking PRISON, Sheriff Joe style. Bad CEO's are criminals, no
different than some doofus who goes in and robs a fedrally-insured bank,
except they rob people, REAL people.

I think that everything happening in business (Enron, etc) should serve as
a warning to bad CEO's everywhere. You can only trample on the employees
that are trying to succeed just as much as you for so long. I'm not a
superstitous or religious man, but Karma can be a serious bitch, and I
hope that the good St. Karma shows the CEO's just as much compassion and
respect that they have shown to their employees.

-T