obsd/cox conversion..woohoo

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:22:16 -0700

I finally got my OpenBSD firewall working with DHCP now, too.  My issue
turned out to be my LANCity cable modem.  I purchased a Motorola SB4100 on
Saturday, plugged it in, ran dhclient and *BAM* I got a new IP address right
away.  Still can't figure out why my Windows 98 machine (which had NEVER
been plugged into that cable modem before) would get a DHCP address when it
was plugged directly into the LANCity, but the OpenBSD box (which has been
plugged into that cable modem for almost 3 years) would not.  Oh well, it
works now....

~Jeff