Findin' devices mounted during boot up

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:42:44 -0700

As Bob alluded to, the automounter has probably already mounted the device
for you.  In Solaris, the automount daemon (automountd), is responsible for
things such as automatically mounting a CD when it is inserted into the
device.  See the automount(1M) and autmountd(1M) manpages.  In Solaris, when
you insert a CD, it gets mounted under /cdrom/<cd_name>.  The automount
daemon also creates a handy symlink for you, /cdrom/cdrom0, which points to
the /cdrom/<cd_name> directory, so you can always use /cdrom/cdrom0 to
access the data on your CD.   You can use mount or df -kF hsfs to see if a
CD is mounted.

For future reference, the Sun Managers mailing list is THE BEST mailing list
for all things Sun and Solaris.  Solaris admins from all over the world
monitor that list and answer questions, as do several engineers from Sun.
If you don't find the answer to your question in the archives
(http://www.latech.edu/sunman-search.html or
http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/sunmanagers/) or the FAQ
(ftp://ftp.cs.toronto.edu/pub/jdd/sunmanagers/faq), post your question to
the list and somebody will surely be able to answer your question in no
time.  Just go to http://www.sunmanagers.org to subscribe.

~Jeff