I know this can be done: IMAP, Procmail, SquirrelMail

Anthony Hologounis plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:06:50 -0700

That seems to be the main benefit of IMAP. A centralized location for your
email that can be accessed from any machine. I think its neat. I have used
pine but not consistently. To check email remotely from the commandline its
quick and clean. But I prefer a GUI for day to day useage.

A client that works properly with respect to keeping NEW mail as NEW is what
I'm looking for...I have over 25 mail folders that I use to sort mail via
Procmail....I just want to be able to glance at the folder list and see how
many new mails are waiting for me in eahc folder. So far with kmail and
squirrelmail I dont get that visual gratification...I have to open each
folder to see if there is anything new inside. That bites.

Anthony