Mensan seeks work

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:39:20 -0700

I personally think that there is a lot wrong with the system (or rather
non-system) of proprietary certifications that currently exists.  And I'm not
saying that one learns nothing from vendor-Q's proprietary certification
process.

What I am saying is that certification oriented training tends to be
blinkered, boring, and innefficient, even when compared to a more traditional
academic approach.

It sounds like your company values certification as a way to assure that its
technical staff is doing the continuing education that they ought to be doing
anyway.  (This is necessary,  members of professional organizations also have
to demonstrate minimal effort at continuing education.)