Mensan seeks work

Trent Shipley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:13:52 -0700

There is another cogent reason to exagerate a resume to the point of lying.

Lying on resumes is so very common that it is the rule, not the exception.
Therefore, anyone reading a resume should read it as if it were a lie (or at
best an advertisement and thus a collection of half truths.)

It follows that if you tell the truth,  any sane reader will assume that you
are lying, and discount what you say accordingly.  By violating the norm, you
put yourself at a disadvantage.