PNUG feedback?

Bob George plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 02:41:33 -0700

"James Lee Bell" <nuclear-cowboy@cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
> Sheesh, guys!  You do realize that Netware hasn't been wearing that IPX
> albatross for several years, don't you? For more than 3 years, IP has
> been the base protocol for Netware, since 5.0 came out. Now 6.0's out
> with some interesting features. [...]

Yes, but IPX just... never... seems... to... go... away... Most shops I've
been into that still have NetWare servers seem to have just enough IPX
running to keep life interesting. Something it would be good to keep in mind
if we're tempted to say how easy it is to replace servers. I know Linux can
do IPX too, but there's a lot to it.

I wish Novell HAD done better. Hell, I was ECNE/CNI. I guess I still am.

- Bob