PNUG feedback?

James Lee Bell plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 02:13:32 -0700

Bob George wrote:

>"J.Francois" <frenchie@magusnet.com> wrote:
>
>>How receptive would PNUG be to Zebra?
>>

>Heh, if it's not routing IPX, probably not very. :)

Sheesh, guys!  You do realize that Netware hasn't been wearing that IPX
albatross for several years, don't you? For more than 3 years, IP has
been the base protocol for Netware, since 5.0 came out. Now 6.0's out
with some interesting features.

>Novell launched NDS for Linux back in 2000. 'Course I never heard much of it
>since then. Damned shame too, NDS was pretty slick. Then there's the whole

NDS is very slick, scalable to contain information on literally billions
of objects, awesome light replication, and because it can serve as an
LDAP auth server, can be used for authentication by damn near anything,
including (ob linux comment) linux login using the appropriate PAM
module. ;-)

When NDS for Linux initially was released, access, partitioning of the
NDS directory, and replication worked quite well, but you needed to use
a windows client and tool to access it.  At this point I'm fairly
certain that all one needs is a JVM to run whatever the great-grandson
of Console-1 is.