Traffic Shaper

Eric Thelin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:11:43 -0700 (MST)

I need to limit the bandwidth usage to a range of IPs or if I can't do
just a range then a whole network interface.  This is for a webserver
that is colocated and taking too much traffic from a certain IP range.
I have looked at the traffic shaper modules and shapecfg but they only
mention compatibility with 2.0 and 2.1 kernels but I am running on 2.4.
I think the QoS work has superseded that module also but I can't find
much in the way of documentaion for it.  Has anyone used these modules
and if so can you help me setup a simple example?

Eric

--
Eric Thelin                                          erict@aztechbiz.com
           AZtechBiz.com: Where Arizona Does Tech Business