Killing X server using ctrl-alt-bksp screws up eth0???

Lisa Winkler plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:43:36 -0700

You're right, theoretically IRQ sharing shouldn't be a problem.  But some cards
are non-compliant and don't like to share an IRQ.  The other 2 cards in question
are a SB Live and a Matrox G400 so I would expect they are ok.  Not sure about
the NIC but now it's on a separate IRQ and the problem still exists.  Maybe it's
not IRQs.  Anyway, my BIOS doesn't seem to have this setting - it gives me
almost no control over my IRQs.  Good thing I am not trying to run any legacy
devices.

The dri driver also complains about dumping some memory when I do this.  Next
time I try it I'll capture the error message.