Killing X server using ctrl-alt-bksp screws up eth0???

Nancy Sollars plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:14:52 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Winkler" <lmw@po.cwru.edu>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 9:10 AM
Subject: RE: Killing X server using ctrl-alt-bksp screws up eth0???

> Wow, my graphics, sound, and nic were all on IRQ 5!  That doesn't seem
like a
> good thing.

In your bios youl have something called .. IRQ Holder for PCI Steering .. Or
just PCI Steering..

IRQ sharing is not uncommon now since the number of IRQ's has'nt changed ...

you can blame the X86 hardware design for that same as the 640k base issue.

Just because you have devices on the same IRQ does'nt mean its bad thing.

Nige

> I swapped some cards around in different slots and now I have the nic on
IRQ 11