Killing X server using ctrl-alt-bksp screws up eth0???

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 07:15:10 -0700

Lisa Winkler wrote:

> That's interesting, I hadn't thought of that....  Maybe they are sharing an IRQ.  dmesg doesn't say anything about the irq my graphics card is using?  Maybe there is something in /proc I could check?  I have practically no knowledge of /proc.

I spent a month searching something like this...

While you are checking, cruze through the bios.  In the case I was
refering to I used an old ISA card (as aposed to buying a nice new
PCI).  There were two places in the bios that said IRQ X is usable for
the PCI, and IRQ X is snaged by the ISA