Killing X server using ctrl-alt-bksp screws up eth0???

Nancy Sollars plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 00:11:17 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig White" <craigwhite@azapple.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: Killing X server using ctrl-alt-bksp screws up eth0???

NE2KPCI
> >>  if they aren't compiled in.
> >
> >I hate to point out the obvious but the DEC chipset wont run with any of
the
> >above drivers even if they are modules ...
> >
> >tulip.o is the only one .... if its a Netgear 310TX works like a charm if
> >its a 311FX ( new type )
> >
> >youl need to compile the given tulip driver on the Netgear Floppy
supplied
> >with the nic ..
> >
> >I would not change the Nic and waist $$$'s over something as trivial as
> >this.
> >
> >Nige
> -----
> 1 - I don't recall her saying that it was a Netgear card at all

1.5 - hmm did i not say if?

> 2 - I have definitely used the DE4x5 (so did someone else on this
> list based upon my suggestion) on tulip chipsets - and many of the
> cards also emulate the NE2000 and if the emulation is in the card, it
> will work.

2.5 Ive used linksys cards and many others that have the DEC chipset and
they only use the
tulip.o module ..

> I wish that you had simply stated that you didn't think my suggestion
> would work instead of making the insinuation that I was incapable of
> seeing the obvious. I don't like your remarks, I didn't like the tone
> and I think you are lacking tact and class.

What you like and dont like and what you think is irrelevant

>Yes, there are many times
> that I have been wrong and I am likely to be wrong about a great many
> things in the future but that should never be cause for you to be so
> antagonistic.

I was not being antagonistic as you put it ... to change a nic over somthing
as trivial as this would be highly silly .. Im sure if Lisa investigated her
system she would find the true cause of the issue without cost of a new nic
thus what i said being proved true ...

Nige