ioctl errors/hp cd-rw drive

Craig S. plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 10:39:30 +0000

I guess that the model would have helped a little on that question. It
is a cd24ri. HP says there is no linux support of course that means that
hp just has a bunch of drones on their support line giving no brainer
support people 10 bucks a hour). I have done some poking around and it
appears that there are some programs which will create a iso9660 image.
The question is how to dump that image to the hp drive's controller (ok
I know that is what the driver is supposed to do). Since linux treats
everything as a file I was thinking that maybe the image can just be
dumped to the drive, at that point shouldn't the controller see that the
incoming data is a iso image and write start writing data to a cd? Or am
I oversimplifying the process?

Craig S.