shell scripting Re: Converting mp3 to wav

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Feb 2002 09:14:30 -0700

I said I strongly dislike Lisp and I dislike Python, As to why, Lisp
hurts the brain, so I avoid it, Python is an odd language that is
positionally sensitive, I thought I had gotten away from that when I
left punch cards behind.

If Python was not positionally sensitive I'd more then likely use it for
some things. Indentation style should not matter to actually running the
code. What happens should I open a Python file in an editor that changes
spaces to tabs or vicevirsa? The code could become broken, leaving it
un-runnable that is what happens.

Yes memory management in C requires some expertise to use correctly, and
I agree with ESR that cml2 could not be written in shell, however
forcing an install of Python is a waste of space. Because of it I am
forced to build kernels on a different machine and scp them to the space
constrained machines I have, the old system used to fit, the new one
does not. Oh well.

 By the by if this email comes through as an attachemnt somebody let be
know, I've been tring out Evolution 1.0 and I might have to stop using
it if it is converting things into attachemts.

Cheers,

Davidm