Adding a cable drop to an apartment?

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:56:23 -0700

I just moved from a one bedroom in my complex to a two bedroom and
none of the bedrooms have a cable drop.  Since one of the bedrooms
is the office, this means that I need to get my internet connection
from my living room to my office.  Currently I have a 25 foot coax
cable strewn across the floor that I plan to tack up against the
wall, but I don't really like that solution either.  Since my Linksys
router is also a wireless AP, I thought of just putting that in the
living room and using 802.11b throughout the house. Works, but SO
doesn't really want that on top of the entertainment center and
I also already have alot invested in 10/100 NICs and really would like
the hub/router in the office as I need to hook up some embedded
boards with no wireless possibility into my network. So...I want Cox
to come in and give me a drop in the bedroom. Can the apartement
complex stop me from doing so? I haven't asked them yet, but plan
to on monday.  If they give me any hassle, I want to know what the
laws are regarding this.

Tnx,
~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena@plexity.net

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security - Benjamin Franklin -