Linux flavor help......

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:08:06 -0500

I have also had good luck with Mandrake, and it's the distribution I use for
most of my work.  (Unfortunately, I hear they're in financial trouble.)  Red
Hat's pretty good, too, but I hear people are having problems with 8.0.  I
did an install of 8.0 on an older machine without trouble, though.  SuSE used
to be my favorite a few revisions back; but I had some major problems with
the install on the new version 8.1 - but that was on an older machine that
wouldn't boot from CD, and the trouble I had was installing the SCSI CD
drivers.

Vaughn Treude
Nakota Software, Inc.